On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> > This is not FUD. He brought up the issue of M$ practises. And I didn't
> > hear you answer the question about why is "parse error" more difficult to
> > understand than "register_shutdown_function"?
>
>     You need to learn a bit about writing good compilers.  It is
>     easy to write a compiler; it is hard to write a compiler with
>     good diagnostic output.

You missed my point: you cannot write PHP code without using English.
Function names, reserved words, etc. are all in English. So does this mean
that non-English speaking people are unable to write PHP code? Of course
not. With a good manual this is perfectly possible. IMHO error messages
are no different.

Edin