On Mon, 03 Feb 2003, Harald Radi wrote:
> because people prefer either the one or the other way to manipulate things.
> people not familiar with oo will most likely not not stick with the oo api nor
> will they be happy if they're forced to use it. on the other hand people
> writing their scripts entirely oo will propably hate it to mix function calls
> with method invokations all the time.
> furthermore functions are supposed to issue warnings and methods are supposed
> to throw exceptions, two entirely different concepts of error handling where
> neitherone is preferable.
>
> so the question is to give rope or not.

Ugh, so following your line of reasoning we should rewrite all
extensions to provide both function and OO apis? A better approach would
be to have extensions provide only function API and then write a PEAR
class to expose them as objects.

-Andrei                                       http://www.gravitonic.com/
* My wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/2Q2DIPY7BZLSH/ *