At 11:01 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
>     I wouldn't consider 3rd one that drastic.
>     It has worked very well for me, I haven't got any spam
>     to my php.net addy, but people who really wanted to send me
>     email got through..

    Well, maybe I am an exception, but I usually don't bother to
    "register" myself anywhere, unless there is a really good
    reason.  Thus, the proposed measure increases the bar for
    contributions significantly.

    We don't lose anything by giving the first two items some
    time to prove their usefullness.  On the other hand, it is
    very likely that we will lose useful input, if we implement
    the third item prematurely.

I disagree. Anyone here can handle replying because we already have the anti-spam protection. The only thing we're doing is adding to the message an explanation of the post ethics.
I wouldn't call this drastic at all.

Andi