A couple thoughts....

Aside from renaming the php-dev list, we should remove the 'PHP and Zend Engine internals lists' from the regular mailing list page, put them in a 'developers' section (name isn't important) that describes cvs access, dev email lists, how to build (ie. win32 libraries), etc.

I guess this is the solution!

Then another item that might be considered if it is not already done, allowing posts only from those that have cvs access.

Hm, i don't know. I for one directly contacted rasmus as he was the developer mentioned in the sources
in which i found and corrected errors when i started working here. However i guess not all of us started
this way, did we?

A second conditional list of allowed posters can be added that are people who do not have cvs access, but we want to allow to post.

That would be a minimum requirenment....

Otherwise, the list can be readable by all.

Dito.

A post rejected message could tell them to try a different email list, but if they really feel the email is for the dev list

I already did this proposal but it was declined...

, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and it will be reviewed by someone when they get the time.

Round robin list? Everyone in php-dev has to take care for some days?

regards
marcus