I feel like the changes in structure are fantastic, definitely filling some
gaps that we've discovered. It's solid a step in maturing the organization.

I would, however, love to see the addition of core principles make their
way into FIG 3.0. Include a set of change*less* principles (a fundamental
truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief
or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.) that the organization can operate
on from a communication perspective.

Similar to what we have done with FIG voting and technical operations.

I think this is important because the organization as a whole, in order to
be healthy and *effective* with the PHP community in it's mission
statement, needs to cultivate a healthy and synergistic environment around
it. For both our internal members and in our community relationships.

We've seen this break down more and more recently. Often times it comes
from outside of our boundaries of influence (Twitter / Redit). But when
poor behavior and negative communication makes it's way into the FIG's
direct ring of influence we have no principles to stand on to uphold a
standard of communication. A standard of expectations from our members who
represent FIG. So instead, peoples feelings get hurt, time is wasted and
energy is wasted between us with no resolve or forward movement. In fact we
have seen *negative* movement. People get frustrated and leave or discredit
the FIG.

If we had a set of principles to abide by in terms of communicating within
our ring of influence (within areas we are directly responsible for) we can
cut that cancerous energy and which will promote more *effectiveness*.

We've seen the consequences of not having a core set of principles. It's
kinda like not having a conscience as a whole. What can we do to fix that?

And to those who might say this is none of our responsibility. I would
argue this: Is it not our mission to produce quality PSRs for the community
as a whole? And does it not hinder our ability, our effectiveness in doing
just that by not withholding a core set of principles on how we communicate
both internally but also with that community as a whole?

I hope this get's some thought from others. It's an important part of an
effective organization and it's currently missing in FIG I think.

I would be happy to head such an effort if there is any perceived need for
it.

- Ryan