I agree on the principal, but disagree on actually moving forward with a new
name (and website? And mailing list?).

I think PHP-FIG is a very well recognized name.  If anything like this were to
be done it'd be best to just swap from Framework Interoperability Group to
"fig".

Very good idea in principal, but at the end of the day it's just bikeshedding
that would result in a lot of effort for little to no gain.