I agree with the idea proposed. I think that FIG needs to continue in some
form, but the path it's currently on isn't going to work. Without going
into the politics of the group from an observational perspective,
continuing on the current path seems like it'll lead to an implosion.

More
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/php-fig/resign|sort:relevance/php-fig/HWX2IeiRx9Y/8G5m39A0DgAJ>

than
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/php-fig/doctrine%7Csort:relevance/php-fig/3PGhfQGoCj8/4MCdeUMuDgAJ>

one
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/php-fig/membership%7Csort:relevance/php-fig/VhsSPDxedCs/s8bjH2a5AAAJ>
 member
organisation
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/php-fig/resign%7Csort:relevance/php-fig/mnqZ5ztS-pM/2yXSzGEyDgAJ>

has left in the past several months, stating that they've achieved all they
feel they can with the group.

Rebirth with a new set of goals (and probably with a baseline for conduct, 3.0
mindset
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/4WFSo_O3wCQ/YLc26fkKBwAJ;context-place=msg/php-fig/mnqZ5ztS-pM/2yXSzGEyDgAJ>

etc.) will be a much better going forward in my opinion.