yes:

if you have ever worked in a fast paced production environment, where html
is changed sometimes 5 times a day, digging through hundreds of lines of:

echo "<input type=\"text\" name=\"hello\" size=\"20\" value=\"$value\">"

starts to make you insane.

speaking as an html author, and a lover of php, _please_:

<input type="text" name="hello" size="20" value="<?=$value?>">

it makes the code useable.

I've had to avoid using many otherwise cool PHP "products" because of the
echo problem.

as part of the code standard for binarycloud I specifically outline this:

: _never_ and I do mean that _never_ use echo for printing html.

it makes your apps impossible to change, and in a production environment,
that's not ok.

what if I find a problem in your table code? etc.

-alex

--
Alex Black, Head Monkey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]