At 16:17 1-4-03, you wrote:
Hi all

Can someone help?
I am new to PHP and need some help, i have tried to build a members only
section to my website but i am finding it very hard.

I get this error when i go to the login page:

Parse error: parse error in /home/.sites/112/site***/web/Members/Login.php
on line 201

But the only thing on line 201 is:
default:
The parse error is starting to be a problem on line 201, but that may be caused by something you ommitted in an earlier line, maybe you did not close a quoted string, or maybe you did not end a line with a ;semicolon;.
If you get a very strange error message try to find the translation on www.zend.com rather than on www.php.net. Hint: with Google you can look for [ site:www.zend.com StrangeErrorWord ].

I don't understand?
I get the feeling i will need more help even if someone solves this for me
:o)

In deed. Well you got PHP working so that already shows you're computer literate.

The best book to start with that i know of is the PHP Bible second edition, by Converse and Parker. It is an inve$tment though...

On php.net is a simple tutorial with links: http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php. Also please (!) do read the first chapters of the online manual on www.php.net, this manual then proceeds with a lot of functions, have a quick look at them and dig a bit deeper in the functions for strings, arrays, date&time, and your database.

I collected some specific links on www.hieris.info/over/php. I wrote it in Dutch and the layout is primitive but do try the links!!

Then there was a usefull list of do's and don'ts on zend, let me look.... http://www.zend.com/zend/art/mistake.php about classic mistakes. Don't be intimidated by it though. PHP is very flex.

Chris Hayes.