From: Tim Thorburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 2:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] chill out

Hi,

I'd have to agree with the original poster on this topic - I've been on
this list for about 3 years now, at times it is helpful - and then
there's
every other day.

Granted, there are guru's out there that know all there is to know
about
PHP, and then there's the new kid that has no idea what it is, but
either
wants to learn or has to learn.  And it is quite possible that not
everyone
is as adept at finding information online - if you're new to
server-side
programming languages in general - how or why would you know of the
great
many repositories of information available online?

Sarcasm is one thing, gawd knows I use it on a by the minute basis ...
but
when a newbie posts a question that may seem simple to some - yet
utterly
impossible to others, is it constructive to tell them to go back and
RTFM
in a violent manner?  Suggesting that they review the manual again may
help, or better yet - if you think it's not worth your time, that's
what
the trash can button is for.

In general, I've had great luck with this list - it just seems the
majority
of puter ppl don't have super ppl skills ;)

Now back to work