Kirk,

Thanks for the input.

I've never been certain about the "register_globals" setting. From what I
read I understood it that since I use the new method and have my dev site
set to off that it wouldn't be a problem.

As it turns out my dev site has globals OFF, test site ON and target site
ON. So I'm no closer to figuring that one out.

regards,
Dave

"Kirk Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > This works fine on my development PC, (PHP v  4.3.1) and on
> > my primary test
> > site (PHP v4.2.2).
> > However when I try it on the target site (PHP v4.1.2) then I find that
> > immediately after starting the session everything works fine,
> > however when I
> > move to any other page the session information is lost and
> > I'm redirected to
> > log in again.
>
> Also check the "register_globals" setting in the various php.ini files. It
> is probably set to "off" on your dev and test sites, but may be set to
"on"
> on the target site.
>
> Kirk

---