> Greetinx,

Greetinx to you to.

> I'm a newbie and wondering which PHP script or CGI in C/C++ generally can
> run/respond faster via http from the same server doing the same tasks.

CGI is inherently slow. The way I understand it, php as CGI will
probably be pretty much the same speed as C/C++ as CGI. PHP with mod_php
should be faster than C/C++ as CGI.

Compiling a server module is a complicated business, so you would
probably want to avoid trying to compile a C/C++ webapp as a server
module unless you have lots of experience (and I doubt you would be
asking this question if you have that much experience.

A book you might find useful in this context is Chris Radcliff's Perl
for the Web. (Perl is one of PHP's grandpappies, so much of the
discussion will apply to PHP.)

> I appreciate your comments in advance.

I made no comments in advance, but you're welcome anyway. ;-P

--
Joel Rees, programmer, Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan