[snip]
I am trying to specify a single php file to contain all the variables
and I
just call this file where necessary.  What I am running into is that I
want
to do this for all the built in functions (i.e. mssql_query) as well.
I've
tried numerous attempts but can't get it to operate without wanting to
run
the functions or return an error.  Something like this:

$runQuery = @mssql_query;
$qryResults = @mssql_result;
$getRow = @mssql_fetch_row;
$getRowNums = @mssql_num_rows;

I've tried using the %, $, "",'', and the @ symbol without any luck.
Anyone
know of way to do this, so I can use a generic name for all the
functions
and be able to distribute it to those using either SQL Server or MySQL
without them having to go through the code and manually change it?
[/snip]

This may help,
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/functions.variable-functions.php

Have a pleasant day! :)