THE best text/code editor in this planet is BBEdit. No questions about it. It is a pitty it only runs on Macs. I have used it to write text, code fortran, pascal, c, c++, html, css and php (among others). It is great, I love it. Kudos to Bare Bones! Great find/replace utility. Incredible adaptation to your needs. Owesome syntax coloring. Terminal included. FTP, mail, telnet, terminal, macro, perl included. Try it, now!

Cesar

(If any one cares, I also think that Dreamweaver Sucks!, big Time, capital "S")

Kevin Bruce wrote:

FYI- New to this list but have been a php coder for 2 years.

I know a lot of you out there are going to groan inwardly, but I use
Dreamweaver, mainly because that's what I used since it's inception when I
was writing static sites. I use OSX for my writing platform and occasionally
use BBedit as well. If someone could point out a better PHP editor for the
Mac, please speak up:) BTW- Dreamweaver has pretty decent PHP highlighting.