Who did I say was incompetent?  I don't think I said that.
Maybe you took it that way, but that I did not say.

I never said that I was better at writing code then anybody else, as a
matter a fact I get stumped on many things.  I love this list because
without having to ask any questions, all my questions get answered.

Anyways, I feel that not having syntax highlighting forces you to pay
attention to writing your code correctly the first time.

If you are more aware of what you are writing then you know how it should be
writen, and what it will take to write it correctly.

Proper planning will help in this, but it is practice that make you perfect,
not something to point it out to you.

I have always liked doing things the hard way.  I feel that I learn more and
retain more that way.  So in the future if I am working on-site and have to
modify something, then I will better understand what is going on, rather
then having to rely on some program to point it out to me.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

My apologies to anybody that I might have offended.

Jim Lucas