The new Dreamweaver is much better than the previous version.

I still have not found 'the ideal' editor for me and I use several tools. The one tool that looks like it could become my tool of choice could be eclipse. because you can build custom editors (plugins) for anything you need.

Clint

Cesar Cordovez wrote:

THE best text/code editor in this planet is BBEdit. No questions about it. It is a pitty it only runs on Macs. I have used it to write text, code fortran, pascal, c, c++, html, css and php (among others). It is great, I love it. Kudos to Bare Bones! Great find/replace utility. Incredible adaptation to your needs. Owesome syntax coloring. Terminal included. FTP, mail, telnet, terminal, macro, perl included. Try it, now!

Cesar

(If any one cares, I also think that Dreamweaver Sucks!, big Time, capital "S")

Kevin Bruce wrote:

FYI- New to this list but have been a php coder for 2 years.

I know a lot of you out there are going to groan inwardly, but I use
Dreamweaver, mainly because that's what I used since it's inception when I
was writing static sites. I use OSX for my writing platform and occasionally
use BBedit as well. If someone could point out a better PHP editor for the
Mac, please speak up:) BTW- Dreamweaver has pretty decent PHP highlighting.