--- Josephin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> am a newbie as of yesterday.

Welcome!

> Can't figure out how to get the $HTTP_Referer (own domain) of the page
> entering my form (html), convert it into a variable which is later
> passed on to my formmailer.php for the $subject variable.
>
> xy.html ------->form.html------>formmailer.php
>
> want the $HTTP_Referer or  HTTP_URI, file only, (of xy.html)
> -->to be forwarded to form.html,
> -->to be converted in a variable,
> -->which is passed on to formmailer.php, which will use it as "subject".

Well, in PHP, you can use $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']. However, unless your
Web server is configured to treat form.html as a PHP script (which I
seriously doubt is the case), you will not have access to this information
at that point. So, you can't do what you're describing wihout the original
POST request (xy.html -> form.html) being to a PHP resource rather than an
HTML one.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====