* Thus wrote Shaun:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have problems redirecting pages when I view my site using my
> laptop, the only difference is that my laptop has Norton Firewall installed,
> can this interfere with the $HTTP_REFERER variable and if so is there a more
> reliable alternative?

The reliable way to set yourself up with a self contained referrer,
is by using sessions.

At the very end of each script can set a session variable something
like:

$_SESSION['last_page'] = 'http://yadayada'.  $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

That way during the current request you will know where they were
last.

There are gotcha's with this, like browser caching and the like.

The other alternative is passing the page they are comming from all
the time, which can get real ugly.

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!