Shaun,

Jason is suggesting that you turn Norton off to help troubleshoot the
problem.  In other words, verify that Norton is the problem.

Also, people are suggesting that the display of your web pages not depend so
significantly on the HTTP_REFERRER variable.  Perhaps we can help you come
up with a better solution if you tell us what you're trying to accomplish.

-Ed