On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 13:50, Chris Shiflett wrote:

[snip]
> Some Web sites I have visited think it is helpful to use some client-side
> scripting to move the focus from the first text field to the second after
> three numbers have been entered. So, when the user hits tab after entering
> the first three numbers, the second text field is skipped entirely.
[snip]

I would think it would be a horribly bad thing for global companies. If
you only have a north american market it would be annyoing for the
users, but if you do it for a global company then you're losing a lot of
possible customers. You make the unsafe assumption that everyone adding
their phone number has a 3-3-4 style phone number. In Taiwan, for
example, it's x-4-4. I think it's 3-4-4. They wouldn't be able to enter
a phone number. If it's a required item then they couldn't regsiter, and
the site lost a customer.

Just my one cent.
--
"I have a photographic memory. I just forgot the film" --Unknown