Dave, et al --

...and then Dave G said...
%
% Edwin,
%       I read the articles you pointed out. I'm sorry, but I still have
% not seen any argument that makes me think that the reply-to-the author
% option is better. In another posting I've put forth some of my reasons.

Perhaps you've simply missed the point.  By not mandating a certain R-T
header the list software does not force "reply-to-author" but instead
simply allows whatever reply you want.

If such a header is in place and you want to reply to the author, you
must work around it.  If it is not in place, you are free to reply to the
list, the author, other recipients of the original, or any combination of
such.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"