On Wednesday 26 November 2003 17:26, Dave G wrote:

> [quote]
> Breaking the list to cater for broken mail clients is a ludicrous
> suggestion.
> [/quote]

[snip]

>       I tend towards the side that follows the "natural expectation"
> model because I don't think it comes at the expense of any options. To
> me the whole point of a group discussion is the group. So to default to
> replying not to the group, but to the individuals in it, seems to run
> contrary to the reasons I joined. That is where I am starting from, it's
> got nothing to do with anyone's choice of software on either the client
> or server side.

Simply put, there are mail clients available which are mailing-list aware. To
reply to the list you hit the "reply-to-list" button , to reply to the sender
you hit the "reply" button, to reply to everybody and their dogs hit the
"reply-to-all" button.

Now the mail client that you're using does not handle mailing-lists correctly,
so instead of looking for a better mail client you want the mailing-list
fixed instead?

It's a bit like saying "damn, I can't fully utilise the features of MS
Exchange  with my non-Outlook client, why don't MS fix Exchange so I can use
it Yahoo mail?"