You have missed in my opinion the most important thing, many do NOT want to
throw money down the drain because their Client Doesn't support mailing
lists ok.

IMHO we'd be better off having a PHP Forum on php.net and scrub the Mailing
List altogether. That would just about suit everyone. You get to subscribe
to Topics you want to, you can subscribe to whole forums if you want to,
less Privacy Issues.

Nigel Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]