On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:48:45 +0100, you wrote:

>I generate and save a rtf file with php in my MySQL db. Is it possible to
>open this file in IE?

Probably not; I doubt IE understands RTF documents.

You're probably asking how to make IE pass the document over to Word,
though. Try variations on

header ("Content-type: text/rtf");
header ("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=myfile.rtf");

header ("Content-type: application/msword");

These may not be exactly the attributes you want... read

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2183

and experiment. Maybe "inline" rather than "attachment" would do it; I'm not
really sure. Most people want to stop IE embedding Word, rather than
encourage it.