They are in groups (type, category) but the problem is the way their products relate doesn't correspond to their type (book, video etc) or their category (like Classic Books, Rewarding Social Skills etc) and some products appear in more than one category as well.

Any other ideas ??

Thanks,

Jon

jon bennett | [EMAIL PROTECTED] new media designer / developer _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J b e n . n e t

91 Gloucester Rd,  Trowbridge,  Wilts,  BA14 0AD
t: +44 (0) 1225 341039 w: http://www.jben.net/

On 4 Dec 2003, at 12:46, Richard Davey wrote:

Hello Jon,

JB> I don't think getting the info into the db will be a problem, what I
JB> see as a problem is how an admin will select 3 out of 200+ products.
JB> Obviously a drop down is a bad idea, but so would a alphabetical list.
JB> has anyone got any insight into the best way to solve this.

When they add the products in the first place, couldn't they put them
into groups? You could then code something to select 3 random products
out of the same group, they would, by their grouped nature, be
"related" and no-one has to admin anything.

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]