* Thus wrote David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Curt, et al --
>
> ...and then Curt Zirzow said...
> %
> % * Thus wrote David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> % >
> % > My code is as simple as
> % >
> % >   #!/usr/local/bin/php
> %
> % What does '/usr/local/bin/php -v' show?
>
> Doesn't seem to scary to me:
>
>   bash-2.05a$ /usr/local/bin/php -v
>   PHP 4.3.4 (cli) (built: Jan  6 2004 15:27:52)

that cli should be cgi.

I'm assuming you compiled php with something like:
   configure --with-apxs=/yada/apxs [other options]

What you need to do is recompile php with configure like:
   configure --[other options]

Then make will build a cgi binary in sapi/cgi/php, relative to your build
directory.  If you want both versions (cgi and cli) you'll have to
manually place the cgi version of php somewhere else than
/usr/local/bin or name it something php_cgi. And then reference
that file in you php script.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."