* Thus wrote David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Peter --
>
> ...and then Peter Risdon said...
> %
> % David T-G wrote:
> %
> % > bash-2.05a$ /usr/local/bin/php -v
> % > PHP 4.3.4 (cli) (built: Jan  6 2004 15:27:52)
> %
> % You probably need the cgi version - not the command line one you
> % actually have.
>
> Ooohhhhhhhhhhh...  Ouch.  So there are *three* possible PHP compiles:
> module, CGI, and CLI?
>
> OK.  To save us the cost of rebuilding at this host, is there any way to
> pass args to the CLI version of the script running as a CGI?

You might have getenv('QUERY_STRING') for GET data and *possibly* to
get the POST data you can do something like:

$fp = fopen('php://stdin', 'r');
while (!feof($fp) ) $buf .= fgets($fp, 1024);
fclose($fp);

Then of course you're going to have to parse the query_string and
post data in order to get the variable names and values..

parse_str(getenv('QUERY_STRING'), $_GET);

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."