Jason Wong wrote:

Lester Caine wrote:

The PHP application is working fine everywhere else. If you are bothered
about me asking for help getting it working with crappy browsers just
don't bother to post at all!!!!

OK here are the 'facts':

- "This seems to be happening on sites where recent IE 'security fixes'"
- "The PHP application is working fine everywhere else."

What can one reasonably conclude from the above?

I would suggest you find out what the IE updates were and figure out how it affected your pages.

Have updated both w2k machine on site and a local w2k machine to latest version of IE via 'Windows update'. Machine on site is still showing a problem with the <div> for the pop-up being displayed as text above the top of the proper page, while the local machine has no problem. No other site has a problem with the code, and only some of the machines on the problem site show a problem. Both XP and W2k machines are affected, but not all, and updating versions has not cleared problem.

It is beginning to look as if the .css is being corrupted somewhere. We have tried wiping cache, and also renaming the .css file so that a different copy has to be used, all without success.

Loading Mozilla on the problem machines gives a clean page with the correct pop-up's so I simply don't know what to try next. When this sort of thing was happening during development it was usually tracked to faulty PHP, but that is not definitely not the case this time.

--
Lester Caine