Hi,

After googling 'Web Etiquette, Top Posting', I still am puzzled why some
people on this list insist that top posting is bad form, rather than personal
preference. The arguments seem to be balanced on either side.

Checking the list's archives, I noticed that those who object to top posting
almost invariably top-post their objection (perhaps for added emphasis, who
knows).

Further, after searching the list's archives on the subject, I noted that the
archives are organized by latest response => oldest (the original message);
that is, the archives, in effect 'top-post' all threads: latest first (on top
of the list) and the oldest (at the bottom of the list).

Seems to me much easier to scan the Subject, see how it's developing by
reading the reply on the top, rather than have to wade through even snipped
old material.

I've been on this list, on-and-off, for a few years, and somehow I must have
missed the discussion on the unwritten rule of bottom-posting. Perhaps
someone could enlighten me with a url?

Regards,
Andre