At 05:55 PM 4/10/2001, Jeffrey Greer wrote:
>On 10 Apr 2001 12:08:01 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kurth Bemis)
>wrote:
>
> >At 06:15 PM 4/10/2001, Jason Lotito wrote:
> >
> >no no - its an OC3+ web server.....must be an overseas brand..or
> >something......i've never heard of it.....maybe its an SGI or something
> >they have wacky names for their stuff  :-)
> >

>It is at least OC3.  I forgot what comes next after OC3.

OC12 - whose your upstream provider?

> >no bandwidth sucking sites?  on an OC3...we're talking gigabits per sec
> >here.....
> >

>You would max out the 100Mb/s network card first.

not a fiber gigabit nic card......their had for about 150 USD.....plus
99.9% of all web trafic is burst...not continues transfer....and if your
maxing out a 100Mb connection then you aren't running a p3..your running a
supersparc dual 400 or something :-) can i get one of those for $8.00 a month?

> >no pron?  damn!  that puts me out!
> >

>I am a co-administrator.  I don't have a problem with porn sites, but
>my partner would object.  But if you're really interested and you pay
>us lots of money we can take care of you.

well...you can pay my sister no money and she'll take care of you :-) J/K
(she's a bit slutty around the edges)

> >what about security?  are they on top of the latest versions and
> >patches.....i mean after all...it is REDHACK......
> >

>I'm no security expert, but I can apply the most important patches.
>Yesterday I added mod_ssl to apache.

thats not security - thats a requirement.  Patched cron
latley?  sendmail....you know about 5 hours have gone by since we started
this thread - i bet there's a security update available. :-)

> >spammers are funny people :-)
> >
> >~kurth
> >

>I'm not your average spammer.  I am a computer scientist dedicated to
>the struggle against the fascist MS hegemony and all other fascist
>corporations who try to control computer technology.  Support my
>business and you'll be doing the world a favor. ;^)

right on brutha!