I'm not trying to provide the level of service of a large isp or even
get 100 customers.  I would just like to pay for my half of the web
portal.  I thought $8/mo for my service would be a good value for php
programmers who do not need a high level of security.

Would you say $8/mo is not a good value for the level of service I
will provide?

Web hosting is not my main business.  I'm a software developer.

Earlier I wrote:
> I'm no security expert, but I can apply the most important patches.
> Yesterday I added mod_ssl to apache.

I didn't mean adding ssl is a patch.  I know how to apply patches to
source code and make other updates.

On 10 Apr 2001 15:12:59 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Phillip Bow") wrote:

>Hi,
>    I don't mean to bash, but these sort of answers don't give me a lot of
>faith in the service you are starting.  At the very least I expect my
>service provider to provide competent answers to questions,  and to know the
>basics of security.

<snipped>
--
Jeff Greer
- B.S. computer science - Univ. MO - Rolla