--- Prathaban Mookiah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you trying to use PHP to write the HTML onto a
> database. If this is the
> case you can simply use addslashes(). This way you
> can still preserve the
> double quotes, but write into the database without
> any problems.
>
> Either way some processing will be involved at some
> point. So I guess there is
> not much you can do about it.
>
> Prathap

Hello,
Yes, I want to write the HTML to the DB, and I know
other than str_replace I have the option of
addslashes, but with addslashes I have to take into
account magic_quotes being on/off...and since this is
going to be used on a few servers it just complicates
matters a bit more, I am trying to take the guesswork
and extra coding out of the scripts and solve the
problem before it comes to the scripts...by changeing
the default in DW.

Thanks!
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)