So nobody here debugs interaction and nobody uses Selenium for application
tests ... fair enough.

Would be nice to receive some response for those developers whose deal everyday
with big/complex applications, 'cause here seems nobody i susing FirePHP or
frameworks debuggers while numbers tell me the scenario is totally different.

Regards

> Subject: RE: [PHP] RE: [Formaldehyde] The Most Basic Ajax - PHP Error
> Debugger
> From: a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk
> To: tedd.sperl...@gmail.com
> CC: an_...@hotmail.com; php-general@lists.php.net
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:39:12 +0100
>
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 10:35 -0400, tedd wrote:
> > At 3:27 PM +0200 9/11/09, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> > >That's a finished production site ... how did you debug during its
> > >development? 'Cause Formaldehyde is for development, not for
> > >production ... I guess you have implented your own error
> > >manager/debugger, right?
> >
> > What's to debug?
> >
> > The site --
> >
> > http://webbytedd.com/a/ajax-site/
> >
> > -- uses a very simple ajax script, namely:
> >
> > http://webbytedd.com/a/ajax-site/js/a.js
> >
> > Outside of that, everything else is done in php, html, and css, which
> > is completely separate from ajax. I can create a very extensive and
> > complicated site using that simple ajax routine without any
> > alteration whatsoever. I don't need a debugger because I never touch
> > the code.
> >
> > Now maybe I'm not getting it, but from my perspective ajax is pretty
> > simple. The point I'm getting at is that ajax is simply a method of
> > communication -- you send stuff and you read stuff. You don't need to
> > rewrite the US Postal Service every time you send/receive a letter.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > tedd
> > --
> > -------
> > http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
> >

> I agree. I tend to reuse the same basic functionality whenever I use
> AJAX. With some half-decent unit-testing, you can debug the Javascript
> parts easily enough.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Share your memories online with anyone you want.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1