At 10:55 PM +0200 5/18/11, Peter Lind wrote:
On 18 May 2011 22:34, tedd <t...@sperling.com> wrote:
 At 3:31 PM -0400 5/18/11, Joshua Kehn wrote:

 On May 18, 2011, at 3:22 PM, tedd wrote:

 I am considering providing PHP code to the general public via my website

 This is my first attempt:

 >>> <http://sperling.com/php/authorization/>
 >>> What do you people think?

Good initiative. One thing though:
Please do not EVER suggest that people copy/paste your code. Do NOT
provide a nice option for copying it or suggest that "it will work if
you just copy this and add a suffix". Plenty of people will mess
things up somehow, you'll discover a bug somewhere, etc. etc.
Copypasted code is one of the worst things the web has done. So please
don't add to it :)

Regards
Peter

Peter:

Thanks, but the point here *is* to get people involved using PHP.

The code I've placed in the "Copy/Paste" sections will work "as-is" *IF* the users follow directions. I've tested it and it does work.

Granted, for over a dozen years I've provided various "code" to users and have more than my share of stories to tell of how they don't follow directions -- just take a look at my "Web Tips" pages. However, I would have greatly appreciated someone showing me what an include was back in 1998. It could have saved me a lot of trouble.

This is just one way to give-back.

Cheers,

tedd

--