On Monday 30 July 2001 23:39, Erik H. Mathy wrote:
> Weeeellll...besides your everyday, run of the mill geek who hates
> Javascript pop-ups, who really disables JavaScript? 95% of the users out
> there don't ever touch the default browser settings. Also, the Javascript
> 1.0 has been around since, what, Netscape 2? It's all you really need for
> form
> validation. Even IE3 supports it pretty well. All the version 5 and 6
> browsers support it, and that's 90% + of the market.
>
> The biggest issue is the AOL browser, which is rather finicky. It can be
> done, though.
>
> It's all a matter of opinion I guess. :)

I don't agree. It's a matter of security. Whatever fancy javascript
validation you do client side, you MUST validate everything server side as
though you'd done no client validation, since you can't guarantee that your
script is being called with sanitised data from on of your own pages.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll