Here use this cookie that I wrote, it works in every browser, every os.

function NextYear () {
    $today  = gmdate("l, d-M-");
    $today .= gmdate("Y")+1;
    $today .= gmdate(" H:i:s")." GMT";
    return $today;
  }

$oneYear = NextYear();
header("Set-Cookie: CookieName=$CookieNameVar; path=/; expires=$oneYear");

This has never let me down, enjoy :)

Rick