I had previously been hired by a CBS affiliate/sporting news provider and 80%
of the reason was my knowledge of PHP.  Although I am no longer with that job,
I found it to be extremely valuable for my resume.

While you won't find PHP on their main website (they use Vignette Story Server
and Oracle), a large chunk of backend code and system management utilities,
including a trouble ticket system, were written with PHP.