Mea culpa -- you're quite right, and I should read more carefully!  (Well, it is 7pm
and going home time....)

This should, of course, be done like this:

   $get_allow = array(......);

   foreach ($get_allow as $key):
      if (isset($_GET($key)):
         $$key = $_GET[$key];
      endif;
   endforeach;

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]