I  have been programming in various languages for some time now. Out of all of the
languages which I have used, I enjoy coding in PHP more so than in any other language.
I have programmed in PHP, Java/JSP/Servlets, ColdFusion, Perl/CGI, ASP, to name a few.
Still, I believe PHP outshines them all.
I am interested in heading an opensource PHP project. Basically it is the development
of a PHP application server. Currently, there is nothing out there like this for PHP
which I believe is widely supported or known about. I would like to kickstart the
development of this product which will take PHP to a different level.

My reasons for wanting to do this are many, one of which is the fact that many other
programming/scripting languages have an application server which they run on. Apache
can be set up to communicate with them. PHP does not currently have this. Right now,
there is only a mod_php and basic cgi integration versions.

I have spoken with many people and I feel like this can take off. As a matter of fact,
I have documented many of my ideas and would like to share them with all of you.

Thanks in Advance....

ecastanedo

Edgar Castanedo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geocities.com/ecastanedo/