Hi folks,

This is a really great idea.

I'd be happy to help out. php.ug seems like a pretty good directory of UGs,
so it would totally make sense to integrate that with the main site. The
only thing it misses is *when* the meetups happen, but it seems like you,
Andreas, already have ideas for that, which is great :)

As for using php.ug, I would vote to keep it (it is a pretty cool domain),
but I agree with exposing the functionality of php.ug as an API that
php.netcould use to display relevant information. I think all that
needs to happen
on php.net is to have clear, easy-to-find links to how to find more about
the nearest UG to you.

I've never even looked at the source for php.net but I noticed, Hannes,
that you tweeted last night about it being pretty easy to set up locally,
so I may have a play around soon :)

Thanks
James