Hi all.

Am 05.12.13 16:40, schrieb Beth Tucker Long - Treeline Design, LLC:
> [...]
> 1. I love the idea of hooking it up to Meetup.com. There are a lot of
> user groups that use Meetup.

I would not like to see Meetup.com become a 'de facto' requirement for
usergroups as there are othger ways of setting up their informations.
Although it might be ONE way of doing things.

> 2. I think finding a way to include more details on the website on the
> user group events would be nice, like speaker name, location,
> description, how to RSVP, etc. It would also be nice to be able to
> include a logo for the group.

Personaly I think that it would be best, to make it easy to get the
informations about events in one central place. And when a group adds a
link to the joind.in-event to their Kalendar-Event that link will then
show up in a centralized event-calendar so you can get to the
information rather easily. And I wouldn't want to create a second
joind.in with speaker names, location. description etc as the existing
one already is great! Or h

> 3. Perhaps having a way to search for user group meetings, conferences,
> events, within a certain distance from your location or postal code.
> Also, being able to subscribe to a list so that you are updated when a
> new event is posted within your search criteria would be awesome.
>
> 4. An easy way for companies to volunteer to sponsor a user group event
> from the calendar page.
>
> 5. What about a searchable database of speakers willing to speak (and
> speakers can note how far they are willing to travel) so groups can find
> speakers in their area. Also, speakers willing to do remote talks over
> video chat. I think this would be an invaluable resource for people
> trying to start new user groups.

Great Idea!!

--
                                                              ,,,