On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Joe Watkins <pthre...@pthreads.org> wrote:

> I don't see those quoted numbers here, *at all*.
>
> Zeev, it's cowardly to say "I don't know who it was" or "it doesn't matter
> who it was", you can read my name on the commit, and know full well who it
> was, if you have something to say, say it.
>
> Andi, It's not fair to call me unprofessional for bothering to act.
>
> It makes no sense to say that because we have never done something, we
> should never do it, this is complete and utter nonsense.
>
> I was not, I repeat, **NOT**, writing a news entry; I had an idea to start
> a blog and was **TOLD** to use the index by **SOMEONE RELEVANT** to phpweb.
> The material was reviewed by relevant individuals, 2 of the 3 who wrote
> phpng included, it was not factually incorrect, nor was it opinionated. It
> started with a joke and ended optimistically, because once again I was NOT
> writing a news entry, but starting a blog, or so I thought.
>
> The conversation was started, and conducted extremely poorly by Tyrael at
> times yesterday, he made statements that weren't true because he couldn't
> be bothered to look at what really happened, this set the tone, told
> everyone I done it on my own, tricked some people into reviewing the
> content, none of this happened, obviously it didn't.
>
> The shambolic reaction that the world saw yesterday completely turned me
> off from the idea, the idea that Zeev can reverse whatever commits anyone
> makes it sickening, and completely discourages me from even bothering to
> try again, the idea that we must gather a consensus on facts before
> communicating them is dysfunctional, and it was completely pointless to
> remove indexed content from the front page other than to flex your "I'm
> going to get my own way" muscles; it was already being read, all you really
> done there is piss me off, and make everyone look foolish, but especially
> me.
>
> Those people I respect understand what I was doing and why, and are still
> supportive of the idea to have a developer blog it's just a shame that we
> seem to have a community that is incompatible, completely incompatible.

My opening post here was true to the last word, and I've tried to be
unbiased.
You are right, that originally I missed an didn't mentioned the important
part that somebody else suggested you to write the blogpost, which doesn't
really matter from the POV of this thread (it wasn't intentended to focus
on who posted it, but whether or not we want to keep/remove or change it).
I also don't like how you handled this situation on your part (especially
the stackoverflow chat stuff), but we discussed this in private.
If you wanna think that this whole drama is my fault and mine alone, then
feel free, I can't stop you from that.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu