On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Mike Griffiths wrote:

> I would like to broach the subject of introducing some sort of
> analytics package, such as Google Analytics, to the PHP.net website
> and its sister sites.
>
> I personally believe this would be of huge benefit to lots of us, as
> currently there is little to no way (that I'm aware of) of viewing
> useful statistics and metrics on our visitors.
>
> Hannes and I spoke about this last night, and he is against the idea
> of using a third party package to do this, and would rather write
> something.

I agree with Hannes, the 3rd party stuff is like a number one annoyance
visiting sites, that also slows things down. Honestly, I really don't
care where people come from and how long they stay. Finding out which
pages people visit we can easily find out from the web logs.

> 2.  Use Google Analytics, or something similar.  Hannes voiced privacy
> concerns over using Google Analytics, which are concerns I don't
> share, but it would be great to hear everyone's opinion on it.

I definitely share those concerns.

cheers,
Derick