On 31/07/14 03:16, Kalle Sommer Nielsen wrote:
>> It's quicker just hacking the address line ... many of the wiki pages
>> > are LONG ... but then getting back to the document in wiki and comparing
>> > material in docs while cross reverencing with bugs is painful!

> If it is bothering you that much, then make a pull request and be done
> with it and keep on topic please.

Currently there is discussion on such ideas as a proper specification
for PHP on yet another site, and moving more content to other third
party tools like github. Analytics will show the amount of transferring
between local and third party content that is going on. It is not
possible to create any pull request that will consolidate access to all
of this diverse storage formats? We can perhaps massage things so that
google and bing can do a better job plugging the hole, but I still feel
that it's the very disparate nature of the current setup which is the
problem and no amount of tinkering will fix that. Certainly adding more
sub-domains is the wrong solution.

We do not need analytics monitoring some of the 'advertising' related
targets which many tools are solely created for, but rather tracking
where people and coming on to the site and why they are moving off. Is
http://php.net/sites.php being used as a switching centre because a
search on one area does not allow access to pages on other areas ... and
so on.

This is what I'm using piwik for on my own sites and changing/adding
links where problems are observed.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL