From: "Mark Kronsbein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >         - a small number of people have "acclaim" for the
documentation. And
> > whatever anyone might say, it's not edited by Stig and Egon, but
by many

> Yes. At http://www.php.net/manual/en/copyright.php it says "This
> manual is Copyright [...] by the PHP Documentation Group. The
members
> of this group are listed on the front page of this manual." Does
this
> mean, only _these_ are members of the doc team? I don't have a big
> problem with this sentence concerning my person, since I did not
> _that_ much, other people did. But there are some people who
definately
> deserve it, to be on the front page. I dont want to annoy Egon,
but,
> shouldn't there be at least a sentence like "...and numerous other
> helpers"?

You havenīt understood all terms. The members of this group are
members of the PHP Documentation Group and not only the doc team.
All members (except the editors of other languages) are working
since 1997 for the PHP manual.

> > more people. People like Harmut should be on the front page of
the manual,
> > and he's not - and that's a bad thing.

I have asked Hartmut to be listed on the front page as an author. He
said "No" until we havenīt changed the licence.

> >         - a small number of people religiously hold control over
the Documentation.
> > This is bad, and does not help or encourage new people to take
part.

> ACK.

*g*

> >         - If i want/see a need to make a change to the front
page, i shouldn't
> > expect to be shouted at (unless i had broken it, etc).
>
> See my try ;)

You have to respect my decision. We can not allow all people to
change the front page, to become a member of the PHP Documentation
Group.

> > As far as the actual license goes, GPL is probably not where we
want to be -
> > it's something i personally shy away from due to it's
restrictiveness. There
> > are many other open source documentation licenses, and we should
probably be
> > looking at them.
>
> Yes. I dont know that much about those differences, but GPL is
> definately not
> what we (read: I) want.

I have asked more than once and got no response.

> > Finally, yes i am aware that this is also due to be discussed at
the meeting
> > in march, however i feel it's of importance (given zendapi's
introduction to
> > PHP cvs) to start discussion now - and at least have some idea
of current
> > general thoughts.
>
> I think this was right, to start a discussion which maybe ends in
march
> ;)

I have also asked about the meeting in March. On this theme I got
also no response. I know only that this meeting will be held in
March 9 - 10, 2002 in or near Stuttgart.

-Egon