--- Gabor Hojtsy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...snip...]
> Well, then it will going to be a php.in and it's
> detection code will be
> removed I guess, as the PHP source path, and the
> phpdoc source path is
> already known after ./configure, so there is no need
> to complicate
> things with using another detection algorithm..

Sure thing. I wrote that detection code so we can test
the script right now w/o modifying the build process.
If all looks Ok, then it will be a .in and will get
its definitions from the configuration step.

> > Also, look at the approach there. It might be
> useful for making
> > replacements for the funcsummary and funclist
> scripts.
>
> Well, as we talked about this in the past, those
> files are not used at
> all, they are just exist... Maybe some script uses
> one of them, I cannot
> remember, but actually they have no use.

Yep, mostly I look at the status.txt and the
funcsummary.txt to see what new functions have been
introduced in the source, and to see which ones have
yet to be documented. Something like that is useful
for writing documentation, but an XML solution like
the one you mention below would be nice too.

> We talked
> at that particular
> March PHP meeting about having an XML format instead
> provided for
> download at php.net/download-docs for IDEs to use...
> I already have a
> method to generate that (using XSLT) so this would
> be the first thing to
> use xsltproc and not jade ;)) So it would also be
> nice to start
> experimenting with xslt without affecting the
> current system too much...

Sure thing. If that can also generate the summaries
from the source, in such a way as to be make starting
up a new doc easy, that would be great indeed. Should
not be too difficult to cruft together a regex to
generate some skeletons for the undocumented
functions, it is just the time that is needed to
invest to create the code (which regretably will be in
short supply for me).

Cheers.

=====
--- Jesus M. Castagnetto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>