ID:          18403
 Updated by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By: huet dot olivier at free dot fr
 Bug Type:    Documentation problem
 PHP Version: Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Links from ini_set already present, ini_set table updated from sources
by a script once a time.

Left to do: Automatically update reference/*/ini.xml by the same script
which updates ini_set; find a way how to automatically document changes
of versions in permissions (changeable column).

[2003-02-04 20:18:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Some thoughts:
a) A third column called 'type' that dictates what type the directive
takes on (string,int,float..)
b) A regex tweak is needed to allow settings such as url_rewriter.tags
to work (note the commas)
c) Currently $map is used to decide which test_ini.xml a setting goes
into.  Should we use it with $excludeitems too?
d) Also generate a master list

Regarding a big change, currently the description of many directives
exist in the manual but are separate from this generated table.  This
is a little confusing as this information might go better together.
This could include reciprocal links OR a fourth column for the
description.

[2003-02-04 18:21:34] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

keep this open then..

[2003-02-04 17:10:44] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The script is there. Had made some limited tests in my local copy of
the phpdoc, and seems to be working. I would like someone involved in
the manual build to test it and give some feedback.
IIRC something along the lines of the script's output was in the PHPDOC
todo list.

[2003-02-04 16:45:51] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

what's the status with this?

[2003-01-19 21:01:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have just commited the script:

   phpdoc/scripts/genPHP_INI_ENTRY.php

which should replace my aging phpdoc/scripts/mk_ini_set_table.sh

Test that script. By default it will generate files named
'test_ini.xml' in the appropriate dirs.

If all looks OK, we can go ahead and remove the ini_set table, make the
new script generate all the ini.xml files and change the manual files
where appropriate (makefile, etc.)

Also, look at the approach there. It might be useful for making
replacements for the funcsummary and funclist scripts.

    http://bugs.php.net/18403

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=18403&edit=1