> > Sure thing. If that can also generate the summaries
> > from the source, in such a way as to be make starting
> > up a new doc easy, that would be great indeed. Should
> > not be too difficult to cruft together a regex to
> > generate some skeletons for the undocumented
> > functions, it is just the time that is needed to
> > invest to create the code (which regretably will be in
> > short supply for me).
>
> The functable module in CVS essentially generates
> all the needed information (this is the base that
> zend.com/phpfunc/ uses).  This generates every function
> in the source including the no documentation list.
>
> Also we have /scripts/make_proto.php which generates
> skeleton documentation for a new extension which
> includes documentation for every function in the
> extension.  It also adds the &warn.undocumented.func;
> entity.

Jesus, have you thought about something else,
or these are satisfactory?

> These two beasts are a base for this megabeast you
> guys speak of.  I am not the person for this job :)

Hey, I am not talking about a megabeast :) I would like
to have a simple XSLT sheet to generate funcsummaries
**only from phpdoc**.

> On a related note, Ilia is creating a script to
> compare prototypes from php4 source and the proto
> in phpdoc.

Wow, cool ;) I hope he writes it in PHP (now as we
have nearly all scripts in PHP). Well, I have also
thought about a solution written in PHP to use instead
of configure/make, so it would be easier to use on
Windows, without cygwin ;) But it may not be a good
idea to reinvent the wheel.

Goba