(Crossposting to pear-doc)

-1 on forking to a PHP5 only manual. As Philip already
mentioned is not a good idea, whereas the User -
Developer separation does make sense.

--- Friedhelm Betz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...snip...]
> - removal of outdated extensions

If the extension has been completely removed from the
source tree, then yes it should be gone from the
manual. Not sure if someone is keeping an archive of
old manuals, just in case.

If the extension is being deprecated then a note
should be in the manual. So in the future when it gets
removed completely, it will not take people by
surprise.

> - moving parts to PECL, the extions in question

That will go as fast as the restructuring of the PEAR
documentation system goes. There is a new (peardoc2)
structure/system, so as the extensions migrate over to
PECL (ideally) the maintainer or someone from phpdoc
or peardoc can do the move and (if needed)
conversion.

For what I've seen of the peardoc2, it is not too
dissimilar from the old phpdoc, perhaps some of the
phpdoc gurus can subscribe to the peardoc list and
talk about reorganizing the preadoc2's PECL bits to
match the structure from the current phpdoc?

> - restructering (see manual.xml in RFC)

+1 on that one, it will make the manual more readable,
and better organized

> - spiliiting in devekopers and user manual (or
> whatever names we would choose)

I think it was "Developer" and "User". And yes +1 on
that.

=====
--- Jesus M. Castagnetto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>