We can get you a space for doc building and so forth, but right now we're working on some other important stuff that takes precedence..

 - james

On 24 May 2004, at 15:33, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

As Mehdi pointed out, he was able to get some hardware and hosting offer, and the future admin of the server also offered root access to systems people, so if that admin has no opportunity to set up the services on the server, than maybe systems@ has?

BTW Derick told me that the current docs. machine should not be made public. Maybe because of the bandwidth issues, I am not aware of the real reason...

Goba

If you come up with a concrete list of what you need to do, we should be able
to sort something out.
IIRC, the docs.php.net box is marked for phpdoc (but has some bandwidth
problems?).
--Wez.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gabor Hojtsy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 24 May 2004 15:19
To: Wez Furlong
Cc: 'Nuno Lopes'; 'Mehdi Achour'; 'PHPdoc'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DOC] Re: distribution of INI information in the manual

I know you guys are overly prejudiced against systems@, but

why not run it on

our own systems??

Our experience was that the guys at systems are already overloaded with work, and it would probably not be a good idea to put more load on them. There are some long awaiting stuff, which would need that new machine. The PDFs are not built for a long time now, and the so called 'new machine' - which is probably building the HTML versions right now - was said to have enough resources to build the PDFs. There is a good amount of demand for them, and we need a strong machine to build them.

Goba

--
James Cox - james (at) imajes (dot) info - http://imajes.info/